Omaha Ant Control
Looking into Ant Control in Omaha? You’ve probably already found that ants are nasty, sickening, and a big problem for homeowners. When you turn to Quality Pest Control for your Omaha pest control help, we make sure those annoying little creatures get out and stay out for good!
Securing your home against ant infestations will protect your property now and in the future. Without pest control, ant infestations can cause serious harm to you and your property over time.That’s why a home evaluation from Quality Pest Control is all you need to start living in an ant-free environment. Take the first step towards ant-free living by simply arranging a pest consultation from Quality Pest Control, the leader in Omaha pest control.
Ant Control in Omaha
- Ants species vary in size and color.
- Ants are one of the most successful groups of social insects. The social structure is necessary for shelter, feeding, and reproduction of the colony
- Carpenter Ant are large (up to 5/8″ in), mostly black in color and have large chewing mandibles (jaws). Their colonies can be up to 3,000 ants and may have additional satellite colonies nearby. Because they are mainly nocturnal, noticing their activity is more difficult. What you may see is damaged wood or sawdust from their chewing
- Field Ants nest in the soil creating mounds up to 12 inches in diameter. They are commonly misidentified as carpenter ants
- Pavement Ants are small ants that are attracted to the food sources found in homes. These are most likely the ants you will find in your kitchen and bathrooms. Colonies average 6-7 thousand.
- Odorous House Ants get their name from the unpleasant smell that their bodies emit when crushed. They are commonly found within the walls or beneath their floors of residences.
- Ants may become household pests by foraging for food indoors.
- Carpenter Ants feed on living and dead insects, meat, fats, sweets, including honeydew from aphids and nectar from plants. They are mainly nocturnal and can forage up to 300 feet from their nest.
- Unlike Termites, Carpenter ants do not digest wood.
- The Carpenter ant “main” colony contains the egg-laying queen and will nest in a stump, log or tree.
- Various “satellite” colonies contain the larvae and pupae only.
- Pavement ants have an insatiable hunger for sweet and greasy foods.
- Pavement ants commonly nest at ground-level, foraging in trails up to 30 feet from the colony.
What can be done to prevent them from getting inside?
Reduce the number of entry points. For example; seal all cracks and holes with a silicone base product around the foundation, doors, pipes, wires, vents, and windows.
Do they cause damage?
Most ants are considered nuisance pests, mainly due to their large numbers and foraging habits. However, carpenter ants are a wood destroying insect. They are attracted to damp or decaying wood. If left untreated, over time they can cause serious structural damage to a home.
What you can expect from our service.
The products that we use are designed specifically for ant control. It is made to transfer easily throughout an ant colony by communication, feeding, and grooming. All of our Ant treatments are covered by our warranty!
Contact us today to learn about the pest control service that is right for you!