Omaha Pest Prevention Tips
At Quality Pest Control, we work with our clients not only to eliminate existing pest problems, but to prevent infestations from developing in homes in the first place! There may be nooks and crannies in your house that you aren’t even aware are enticing rodents and pests to make their home in your home! Fortunately, there are several simple housekeeping steps that homeowners can take to eliminate the root cause of infestation:
Indoor Pest Prevention Steps:
- Repair leaky pipes
- Seal up cracks and holes around pipes and wiring
- Keep ALL food in sealed containers or the refrigerator (including pet food!)
- Wipe counter frequently
- Store garbage in sealed containers
- Don’t leave dirty dishes around the house
- Vacuum frequently
Outdoor Pest Prevention Steps:
- Trim shrubbery and trees away from the house
- Move woodpiles far away from house
- Clear gutters and channel water away from the house
- Keep your foundation moisture free
Clear children’s toys or anything that collects standing water from the yard
- Keep windows and doors screened and sealed
- Keep garage door closed
- Don’t let trash and recycling pile up,and keep the lids on!
- Inspect any bags, furnitures, groceries, etc for pests before you bring them into the house
These simple steps can go a long way towards make your home a less hospitable place for unwanted pests and rodents. However, even the best prevention measures can’t ensure complete protection– If you want a professional consultation to locate, identify or treat any potential pest problems, contact the Omaha pest control experts at Quality Pest Control.We only use low-hazard baits or residuals to establish a protective perimeter around your house. Our clients prefer this to the more traditional indoor pest control, which incorporates the indiscriminate “spraying” of pesticides inside your home whether or not it’s necessary. We will work with you to create an Integrated Pest Management plan that eliminates existing pest problems and prevents future ones!
Call the Omaha pest control professionals at Quality Pest Control to create a pest prevention plan today!