- Ant ControlProtecting What Matters
OMAHA ANT CONTROL
Ant infestations are a nuisance at best and a threat to the structure of your home at worst. Ants live in complex social colonies, so where you see one ant, there are likely thousands to follow. Because of this, ant control methods like bait or repellent won’t work permanently.
How to Get Rid of Ants
For permanent Omaha ant control, you need a permanent solution. While stomping out or poisoning a group of ants on your windowsill may appear to solve the problem, the infestation will persist until you kill the colony. The products that we use are designed specifically for ant control. It is made to transfer easily throughout an ant colony by communication, feeding, and grooming. All our ant treatments are covered by our warranty! Make sure you take a look at our specials as well!
- Quick Facts
As ants track down food, they leave pheromone trails for other ants to follow.
- Ant colonies can live as long as their queen, which is often ten or more years.
- Queen ants lay up to 800 eggs a day.
- There are over 10,000 known types of ants.
What Kind of Ants Are You Likely to Find on Your Property?
Although there are thousands of species of ants in the world, there are several types of ants you’re more likely to find in and around your home than others:
- Carpenter Ants: Carpenter ants are named after where they build their homes. They nest anywhere they can find moldy or damp wood, often entering homes through water-damaged windows, sinks, door frames, and siding.
Carpenter ants are large, mostly black in color, and have large jaws. Their colonies can have up to 3,000 ants and may have additional satellite colonies nearby.
Carpenter ants feed on living and dead insects, meat, fats, and sweets including honeydew from aphids and nectar from plants. Unlike termites, they do not digest wood.
They can forage up to 300 feet from their nest.
Because they are mainly nocturnal, noticing their activity is more difficult. You may find damaged wood or sawdust from their chewing. Field ants are commonly misidentified as carpenter ants, but unlike carpenter ants, they nest in the soil.
- Pavement Ants: Pavement ants, as their name suggests, build their nests in cracks under the pavement. They often enter through small holes in concrete and are attracted to the food sources found in homes. You will most likely have these ants in your kitchen and bathrooms. Pavement ants have an insatiable hunger for sweet and greasy foods. Their colonies average a population of 6–7 thousand ants. They are small and dark brown to black in color. Pavement ants commonly nest at ground-level, foraging in trails up to 30 feet from the colony.
- Odorous House Ants: Odorous House Ants get their name from the unpleasant smell that their bodies emit when crushed. They are commonly found within the walls or beneath the floors of residences. Odorous house ants are dark brown to black in color. Outside of the home, they make their nests in exposed soil. They give off a rotten coconut-like smell when they are crushed.
Securing your home against ant infestations will protect your property now and in the future. Without pest control, ant infestations can cause serious harm to you and your property over time. That’s why a home evaluation from Quality Pest Control, Inc. is all you need to start living in an ant-free environment. Call today to set up your consultation and make sure to check our reviews!
Request Your Service Today!
“Great Service! David came by to spray for some pesky ants that seem to love our entry way. He was very polite and thorough. He even returned to let me know of another issue that we had outside. We highly recommend Quality Pest Control and David’s service was great!” DDC
“Personable and detailed driven, Ryan addressed all my concerns and was extremely detailed in his application. Thank you, Vicky” Vicky Harris-Ragland